Sunday, September 21, 2008

*grumble* Sunday drivers...

So this morning, as I'm blindly driving to work at 7:30, I had an epiphany about the backstory for one of my main characters. It's something I've had trouble with for a while because a lot of the things I came up with sounded like complete and utter crap. And I should've pulled over and scribbled something down as soon as I had this epiphany because once I got to work and was able to sit down to make a few notes, I forgot most of it. Some of it has come back to me, but there were a few details I'm sure I'll never remember at this point. I'm so irritated with myself. I keep a little notebook beside my nightstand for this purpose! I should start carrying one in my purse too.

The Waldenbooks store in my mall stopped carrying "Writer's Digest" in their periodicals section. I think I may have been the only person in the county buying it every other month. When I had a subscription to it, WD was a monthly mag, not bimonthly. How sad. I still have a subscription to "The Writer" magazine, but it's still not the caliber of WD.

No comments: