Friday, September 19, 2008

Procrastination is my best friend

Ok. I know I'm totally contradicting my first post by not posting/writing every day. I'm a busy lady! Last night I crashed around 11pm, which is my prime time on the computer (baby's asleep and I have some "me" time). My work schedule is erratic; since I work in retail, I don't have a real set schedule aside from my given 35 hours a week. For example, I worked yesterday from 8am until 3pm. Today I am off. Tomorrow it's 8am to 4pm. I haven't worked a lot of nights recently due to one of my coworkers in the office being on maternity leave. She'll be back at the end of the month and I'm sure I'll be back to the lousy 12pm-9pm and 8am-4pm back to back once again. Needless to say, when you add in time with Kayleigh and Brad (and my dog), it doesn't leave a lot of free time for me to check my email, let alone concentrate long enough to write anything respectable.

Why am I not spending my day off writing?

You see, all the shit I've been putting off all week (due to my lack of time) has gotten out of control. Laundry has taken over my basement, dog hair roams freely on my carpets, and my dining room table, well, it's seen better days. I'm eating lunch at the moment, which is a good excuse as any to check my email and other random crap.

I am on my vacation starting on September 26 and ending on October 6. How awesome is that? I plan on writing tons during that time. My daughter will be at day care most of the time (we have to pay for 5 days a week whether she goes or not, so dammit, she goes!), so it will be just me and the dog...yay!

1 comment:

Darcie said...

The midnight hour is my "me" time too. By the time Boy leaves, I get my kids to sleep, and I get the joint cleaned up, it's at least 10 p.m. I'm up every day at 5:30 a.m., so I usually only get maybe two hours in.