Tuesday, September 16, 2008

In the beginning...

This will be my first attempt at "real" blogging. I've actually blogged on Myspace for almost 4 years now, but I guess you could say I'm serious about it now.

I'm trying to write a novel, you see. Having this blog might give me a little bit of motivation. I get stuck sometimes, and then I realize, "Holy shit, I haven't written a single page in a year!" So if I write daily here, maybe I can write daily there too.

My goal is to have a decent chapter finished by the end of this month. It may or may not be a realistic goal for me. I think the most I've ever written at any given time was five pages (and that's when I stopped for almost a year).

Before I end this entry, I want to make a few things very clear.

1. This blog is what it is: a simple yet therapeutic way to help clear my mind of all this bullshit so I can proceed with my novel. I'm not blogging to call myself a "writer" because this isn't real writing, so to speak. This is just another online journal for the whole world to read.
2. If my grammar isn't the best, or if my spelling isn't up to par, then go fuck yourself for caring too much. My brain works too fast sometimes and my fingers don't always keep up. Plus, I have a habit of typing everything in lowercase. I'm lazy. Kiss my ass. I guarantee, my writing on here differs greatly from how I write my novel.
3. No one reads anything from my novel until it's finished (or if I happen to feel vulnerable enough to let out an unfinished copy). Please don't ask me detailed questions because odds are, I'll just ignore them.

Please comment! Comment frequently! I need all the advice I can get, good or bad. Trust me, I'm a big girl and I can handle criticism. :)

Thanks for taking a chance on me, I know I'll make it worth your time...

No comments: