Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Pen is mightier...

When I was younger, I used to write all my "stories" by hand. Of course, back then I had a small manual typewriter that was once my mother's and when I felt adventurous, I'd bang out a few pages on that. I still have a story I wrote when I was 11, all typed up on roughly 20 pages of lined paper. It's also full of white out, pen marks, and quite messy, to be honest. Over the years, I've written more on computers, and I've advanced from saving to floppy disks, to zip drives, and now I use a portable flash drive. Transferring everything over from one format to another is rather time consuming, but it's necessary when your new laptop doesn't have a floppy drive (true story, I was super pissed when I realized this). Now and then, I still bust out the pen and paper (always blue ballpoint & college ruled lined) and scribble away. The other night, while I was suffering from a severe sinus infection, I typed up a few pages of some stuff I had written a few years ago. I was surprised at how much material I had and I feel I should focus on that instead of this other novel I was trying to work on. Maybe I can do both, you know, jump back and forth. And maybe it's not a good idea, seeing how at the moment, my train of thought isn't worth a share of AIG stock.

We'll see how it goes. :)

No comments: